Roaring Twenties at a Historic Inn: A Cozy Wedding Theme
Introduction: The Era of ExtravagancePicture this: flapper dresses, champagne fountains, and Gatsby-esque glamour! The Roaring Twenties are the epitome of splendor, excitement, and indulgence. And what better way to relive these glorious days than by hosting your own Roaring Twenties-themed wedding? If you're a couple who loves history, excitement, and all things vintage, this is the perfect theme for your big day. The best part? You don't need a time machine to make it happen. All you need is a historic inn and a dash of creativity. So grab your dancing shoes, feather boas, and beaded headbands, and let's dive into the world of Roaring Twenties weddings.
Finding the Perfect Historic InnFirst things first: you need a venue that captures the essence of the era. A historic inn is the perfect setting for this fabulous theme. When searching for the ideal location, keep an eye out for stunning architecture, elegant ballrooms, and vintage décor. Here are a few tips to help you find the perfect historic inn for your Roaring Twenties wedding:
- Consider the location: Look for inns that were built during the 1920s or earlier. These establishments are more likely to have preserved the original architecture and design features from that era.
- Research the inn's history: Dig into the inn's past to find out if it has any interesting stories or famous guests from the Roaring Twenties. This can add an extra layer of authenticity to your wedding theme.
- Visit the inn in person: Pictures can be deceiving, so it's essential to see the inn for yourself before making a decision. While there, get a feel for the ambiance and imagine how your dream Roaring Twenties wedding will unfold within the space.
Setting the Scene: Roaring Twenties DécorNow that you've found the perfect historic inn, it's time to transform it into a glamorous 1920s soiree. Here are some ideas to help you create an atmosphere that would make Zelda and F. Scott Fitzgerald proud:
- Embrace Art Deco: The 1920s were the golden age of Art Deco design, characterized by geometric patterns, bold colors, and luxurious materials. Incorporate these elements into your invitations, table settings, and other décor for an authentic Roaring Twenties vibe.
- Champagne towers: Nothing says 1920s like a champagne tower. Ask your venue if they can set up a tower as the centerpiece of your bar or dessert table. Bonus points for using vintage champagne coupes!
- Feathers, pearls, and crystals: These materials were all the rage during the Roaring Twenties. Use them generously in your centerpieces, table runners, and other decorations to create a sense of opulence and extravagance.
- Lighting: To create the right ambiance, opt for dim, atmospheric lighting. Consider using soft, warm Edison bulbs or candles to evoke a sense of nostalgia and romance.
Dressing the Part: Roaring Twenties AttireOf course, no Roaring Twenties wedding would be complete without fabulous period-inspired attire. For the ladies, think flapper dresses, beaded headbands, and long strands of pearls. For the gents, consider pinstripe suits, fedoras, and two-toned shoes. Don't forget about your bridal party and encourage your guests to dress in theme as well! Here are some ideas to get everyone in the spirit:
- Bridesmaids: Have your bridesmaids wear flapper-style dresses in rich colors like emerald, burgundy, or gold. Accessorize with long necklaces, feathered headbands, and T-strap shoes.
- Groomsmen: Dress your groomsmen in classic suits with suspenders, fedoras, and pocket squares. If you want to add a touch of whimsy, consider bow ties or even spats (shoe covers) for an extra vintage touch.
- Guests: Encourage your guests to embrace the theme by suggesting they dress in 1920s-inspired attire. Provide some inspiration on your wedding website, with examples of vintage clothing and accessories for both men and women.